Saturday, July 08, 2006

NYPD Leave gay people alone!

I've been wanting to post about this for a while.

The police presence during NYC's 2006 Pride event was large and Gestaporific. The police presence for the 4th of July fireworks seemed thin and friendly in comparison. On Pride Sunday the stretch of Hudson River Park that paralleled Pride events was fenced off with 2-12 officers guarding every intersection.


I love running along the water in the park. I usually run up the bike path and then back along the water. I took my usual weekend midday run that Pride Sunday (from Battery Park to Chelsea - or maybe a little farther up - and then back again). One the way back I was stopped by gates and an officer. I was told I couldn't run through a certain section of the park because it was "for adults with children only." I didn't think I'd heard correctly. Jogging in place, I asked the officer if I had to have a child with me to run through. The officer repeated that yes, the section was an "adults with children section."

WTF! WTF was that? I don't really know what to think of that.

Anyway, I ran around that section on the bike path. All along my way home I saw police officers mimicking and laughing at gay men. One of them was performing anal intercourse on a pretend partner.

What where these officers protecting exactly? F'ng breeders...