Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Digby On Tasers

Glenn Greenwald is out this week. Digby is filling in today and takes on tasers. It's a good piece with two sentences that are great to see on Salon:
Tasers aren't benign however. They kill people.
There are some debatable points in the article, but I'm not going to nitpick; I'm happy to see this topic hit a larger forum than I could ever reach.

Digby includes a synopsis of tasing incidents that are sure to make your blood boil, unless, of course, you thoroughly don't care about civil liberties (i.e., You hate American ideals. Why do you hate America?).


I haven't looked at the comments yet, but there are plenty of them. already I'm guessing that the hero worshiping and taser fanboy sets (aka men who don't feel safe without a strong daddy telling them how to think and live) are out in force. Those types usually hate them some Greenwald (he's gay like me) and really, really hate the Digby (she's a woman).