Sunday, July 09, 2006

Code of Man

What is it with straight men? The other day I heard a group of them talking about the tragedy of their tax dollars going to support welfare and how evil the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation is.

Putting aside the inaccuracies of their assumptions, I had to ask how much hate these guys have for people in need? Is it really a moral sin or crime to be in need? Are victims really the ones to blame?

When scientists studying abusive husbands couldn't get husbands to cooperate with their study they focused on the women being abused. They coined the term "battered wife syndrome," implicating the women in the husbands' behaviors.

I don't think I'll ever get the straight affluent white guy mentality. It makes me wonder.

Q and A time:

Q. How often do straight guys show compassion for other humans without hopes or expectations of getting something in return?
A. Not very often.

Q. How often will a straight guy help another male in need?
A. Not very often.


Q. How often will a straight guy help an attractive female in need?
A. Every time.

Q. How often will a straight guy help an overweight homeless female in need?
A. Not very often.

Q. How often will a straight guy show hatred and disgust for anyone willing to stand up and say, "No. No more"?
A. Very often.

Q. How often will a straight guy blame the victim?
A. Very often.

Q. How often will a straight guy feel safe blindly following a strong daddy figure?
A. Very often.

Well fuck you mighty hunters and gatherers. I'm very glad I realized, at a young age, that I'm gay. It forced me to be an outside observer of the male schoolyard training program. A line from the Simpsons sums the system up perfectly:

"The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."

What a bunch of followers. What a bunch of whining babies. I'm glad I audibly said "assholes" as I walked by that group of losers.