Thursday, March 08, 2007

Money for Me

I could go for some of this money:
PHILADELPHIA - An unknown number of new George Washington dollar coins were mistakenly struck without their edge inscriptions, including "In God We Trust," and made it past inspectors and into circulation, the U.S. Mint said Wednesday.
...
Bailey said it was unknown how many coins didn't have the inscriptions. Ron Guth, president of Professional Coin Grading Service, one of the world's largest coin authentication companies, said he believes that at least 50,000 error coins were put in circulation.
"The first one sold for $600 before everyone knew how common they actually were," he said. "They're going for around $40 to $60 on eBay now, and they'll probably settle in the $50 range."


I won't be throwing down $50 for one though. Maybe I should be one of those bloggers who puts a "wish list" on my sidebar. Hm, maybe I'll start one here. Let's see, I could use a Nintendo Wii, a 10,000:1 contrast LCD HDTV, and some non-religious dollar coins. :)