Saturday, February 03, 2007

Updates
I've added a few things to the left panel of ItAllGoesHere.

First, if you scroll down, I've added and RSS feed button below the Favorite Posts section. Admittedly, I know almost nothing about RSS or Atom feeds. I added them because it seems like many other sites offer feeds, and if people are comfortable reading that way, why not accommodate it; it was simple to implement.

Next, I've added an updating NYC skyline graphic to the left, below the Key section. It's from NewYorkOnTap. It displays the skyline in quasi-real-time. Its appearance changes to track the weather, the color of the Empire State Building, the phase of the moon, and probably something else I'm forgetting. If you hold your mouse over the graphic, you get an instant weather read for NYC.

Finally, I've added polls to the left under the NYC Updating Skyline section. I created the html code at BlogFlux. Once you vote, click on the "see map" link to view a map showing the location of other voters. I'm still working out the appearance of the polls, but I'm almost there.